Reporting To: Operations Director
Contract: Fixed Term 1 year (may be extended subject to funding)
Salary: £15 per hour
Hours: 21 hours per week including Bank Holidays
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Project Manager to provide excellent housing management service to tenants with additional tenancy sustainment needs. You will be based in Bracknell, Berkshire.
Job Purpose: The aim is to provide a supported housing service to vulnerable client groups including adults with addiction issues, adults with Mental Health needs, adults who are homeless and adults with complex needs. Some of these clients may present with difficult or challenging behaviour.
You will assist residents to move on to independent living including referral management, initial assessments, upholding of house rules, benefit support, budgeting and life skills support. The role requires close working with a range of agencies such as Housing Services, Housing Benefits, Adult Social Care, Drug and Alcohol Service, Police and Partner organisations including local churches. You will provide quality information, advice and guidance and support to Residents with regards to the claiming of housing related benefits and work to reduce rent arrears whilst following Rent Policy regarding arrears and notification periods. You To work with residents and ensure that payment plans are drawn up and followed.
Job Context: The housing project provides long term accommodation for 3-7 single homeless vulnerable men aged 25+ from a variety of backgrounds including: offending, mental health, domestic violence and alcohol & drug abuse to help them achieve independent living and employment.
- Housing or Keyworker Qualification
- Health and safety provisions and requirements in a residential project
- Current knowledge of housing legislation –welfare benefits
- Ability to form supportive relationships with residents always maintaining professional boundaries
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- An organised approach to work and good administrative skills
- Enthusiasm and ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to dealing with challenging behaviour in a calm and constructive manner
- Good interpersonal skills and patience
- Problem Solver
- Experience of managing supported housing advantageous
- Experience as a keyworker in a homeless charity
- A sense of humour
- Experience of welfare benefits system
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Conduct initial assessments for entry to the house
- Ensure the timely processing of new entrants to achieve void turnaround target
- Deliver regular reporting and updates to Operations Director
- Assessing residents’ needs, writing and updating support plans
- Regular contact with residents as per their support plan.
- Conduct regular meetings with residents to address: rent, license agreement, resident involvement, life skills and move-on.
- Regular key working and support planning to ensure relevant support is provided to enable our residents to maximise their own potential and level of independence
- Monitor the residents and the house(s) undertaking regular house meetings ensuring effective communication to help resolve matters of common interest.
- Be the main source of benefit information, advice and guidance to residents.
- Identify individual licence sustainment needs through assessment and an identified Housing Plan detailing risks, licensing sustainment needs and move on plans
- Ensure all incidents and complaints are reported and dealt with in line with organisations processes.
- Ensure all health and safety issues are reported promptly
- Make referrals to relevant agencies to ensure residents’ support needs are addressed.
- Ensure all complaints, incidents of anti-social behaviour and harassment are fully investigated and dealt with, and take appropriate enforcement action to ensure effective resolution including legal remedies where necessary.
- Carry out pre-void inspections, arrange re-letting works, obtain nominations, assess applications and complete new licence agreements
- Work closely and cooperatively with maintenance teams and ensure that repairs are reported in a timely manner
- Actively source and manage move-on opportunities for residents with housing providers and complete move-on referrals accordingly in line with the individual support plan.
- Discuss and review all serious incidents, warnings and sanctions with Operations Director.
- Be responsible for ensuring all client files and any other administrative recording such as risk assessments and support plans are regularly monitored and kept up to standard.
- Establish and maintain effective links with all appropriate statutory agencies and partners.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with external agencies to benefit the support needs of the residents (including referral, workshops, move-on, education, training and employment opportunities).
- Carry out an effective induction programme for new residents, ensuring accurate assessment and identified areas for ongoing license sustainment in line with the Renova Policies and Plans.
- Help residents maintain their license agreements by providing guidance including budgeting skills, arrears, dealing with housing benefit, income support/job seekers allowance and anti-social behaviour.
- Manage relations and negotiations with residents ensuring that issues are addressed promptly, fairly and constructively, and ensure they comply with their licence agreements.
- Actively manage rental income and manage any arrears for an assigned caseload of residents within the target set by the Operations Director.
- Reach agreements to reduce arrears with residents and initiate remedial action accordingly, in line with Renova policies and procedures.
- Inform the Renova Operations and Financial Directors of any circumstances that may impact successful rent collection
Resident Involvement & Regulatory Standards and Compliance
- Ensure all residents have the opportunity to shape and influence service delivery in relation to housing management.
- Carry out risk assessments and health and safety inspections, taking appropriate action to comply with legal and local authority regulations and standards.
As this is a new role the person would need to be a self-starter, proactive and vision driven. Transferable skills: experience of working in a drug and alcohol service\probation service\police service\adult social care\supported housing.Follow us on social media: